Thursday, December 10, 2009

For the kids in your life...

There are two online shops that I LOVE for all things kids, Smallable and Kid-O I have put together a little collection form both shops. I either already have the products shown here or have tried them out and have them on my list.

Kid-O was my favorite shop in NY, I was very happy to discover they had most of their products on line.Lisa Mahar, kid o's founder and owner, searched the world for products that have both a design and an educational focus. Kid o makes these items available to other parents who believe that beautiful, well-made objects are critical to stimulating children, accelerating their development, and enhancing their well-being.
kid-opicks


All products available at Kid-O. Clockwise from top. exploring nature puzzle, matching shades puzzle, city and country blocks,narrow to wide puzzle, deep in the forest, fireman skittles game


Smallable is an online shop whose idea is to “Make life easier for parents and more amazing for little ones”. They have some beautiful toys and clothes for children 0-8. I love the range of recycled cardboard houses and vehicles by Kidsonroof and paperpod, they leave so much room for the imagination and they come flat packed (for those of you who have to travel this Christmas).

smallablepicks-1
recycled cardboard aeroplane & rocket by paperpod, recycled cardboard dolls house, castle and bo buro desk by kids on roof

I have a three year old boy, so I admit my picks are geared towards that age and are car and truck oriented...from my experience, most of these products are played with for at least of couple of years..they last and they are great to look at.

smallablepicks2
Firetruck and mini fire truck by plantoys, automoblox and automoblox min set

I hope you enjoy. If you are in NYC try and visit Kid-O...and get a coffee at Jack's around the corner...and then walk down to Castor and Pollux (some gifts form there tomorrow)...can you tell I am missing New York?

1 comment:

  1. i'm missing ny, too... (and i've only been twice)

    thanks for posting intelligent toys! i think ordinary toy stores are so depressing - just a lot of plastic stuff that looks like it won't last long and doesn't encourage kids to be creative.

    ReplyDelete